Developers now could get the BlackBerry OS 10.1 update. The update is an early alpha build, but reveals several different features of the upcoming platform.
Among all the new features of the BlackBerry OS 10.1 update, the most notable additions include: HDR photos, APNs editing support, improved notification management for different apps, PIN-to-PIN messaging, and paste support for the dialpad.
Let’s take a deep look at what’s new in the new BlackBerry 10.1 as reported:
• HDR option for taking photos
• PIN to PIN messaging now available and present in the BlackBerry Hub
• APN editing is now enabled (Though this may remain carrier based)
• 'Highlights" for text such as word correction on the keyboard are now green, instead of blue
• 'Text Picker' has been improved, now allows for easily moving left and right between letters easier
• Sharing menu is now black, just like on the BlackBerry Q10
• New help demos and walkthroughs after initial boot
• Select All for broadcast messages is now available
• Ability to turn off alerts for specific applications
• Easier to check for updates in BlackBerry World
• Phone can be fully unlocked at lock screen now by the power button
• BlackBerry World now has options for coupon redemption
• Pasting of phone numbers directly into dialpad
• Installed apps can be opened from with BlackBerry World (No longer shows 'installed' now shows 'open')
No official information on when and what of the BlackBerry OS 10.1 could be updated for Z10 and Q10. But it’s believed to be soon.