The reports about the Motorola Xphone have never stopped. There has been a lot of talk flying around about the Google selling the XPhone directly to consumers on a build to order basis that would allow users to customize the hardware (and presumably some aspect of the casing, like color). This hands down is the most exciting rumor we have heard so far and represents a ‘wow factor’ all be it of a very different sort than the one we were expecting. Just very recently on April 1st, there’s report suggesting that Motorola France has confirmed the details of Xphone. If this is not a joke for April Fools’ Day, many people would be cheered up.
The following are the detailed specs leaked by this report. Let’s take a look at these details:
* Snapdragon S4 Pro processor (not a bad processor to be sure, but not the Snapdragon 600 or even 800 we were expecting);
* 4.8-inch 1280x720 display (again, the competition is sporting 1920x1080 Full HD displays);
* Android 4.2.2 (where's the pie???);
* 8 GB and 16 GB storage options (no MicroSD expansion - notice a trend here?);
* 2 GB RAM (at least they went with 2013 specs here...);
* 8MP camera;
Do these features belong to Motorola Xphone? We could get all what we need on the Google I/O conference. Stay tuned.